A Blurr

Tuesday, I had an appointment with Dr. Raja, my ophthalmologist, who said now my left eye, maybe both (?) were making little filaments over my cornea, which was the sore spot I’d noticed every time I blinked. He numbed my eye and picked it off, but recommended a treatment. Sure, why not?

This was absolutely a time when Grant should have come with me because too much information was flowing for me to absorb. However, I went by myself because I thought the appointment was just a checkup on the results of the pricey vitamins and wonderful warm mask I’ve been using, which, BTW, were not impressive, according to Dr. Raja. Still not much opening of oil glands in my lower lids. However, I’m going to use the warm mask forever, it is that wonderful even if not effective.

In any case, he plopped a huge contact lens made of “natural anti-inflammatory and anti-scarring”  amniotic membrane in my left eye. He prescribed some antibiotics, and said come back Friday to have the lens removed.

Whoa, I have a watercolor workshop Friday and Saturday, 10:00-4:00. Then come back late Thursday.

Somehow I drove home the 1/2 mile, with completely blurry vision in my left eye, and meh vision in my right, since it is only corrected to 20/40 because of cornea issues. I’m fairly sure I didn’t hit anyone or anything.

Then I pretty much slept for the next 48 hours. I couldn’t focus, and my left eye hurt every time I blinked. I became one with my inner bird, as I turned my head to see out of just my right eye. Somehow I made it through an EarlyBird Toastmasters meeting Thursday morning, giving a fairly well throughout evaluation, then back to bed.

What a relief when that lens was taken out. Yes, Grant drove me. On to Costco, where Thomas helped me pick out both regular glasses and then sunglasses with their transition Drivewear lens which adjust even in a car. He even put new parts on my old glasses while I waited, to make them fit me better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bahia Honda State Park, Cabin 3

A Month of Garden Club

Cold Weather